Re: bindv6only again

On Thursday 13 May 2010 18:39:46 Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> Why is this relevant?  If you remove a POSIX-defined utility from $PATH,
> your system is no longer POSIX-compliant, not to mention a fully-working
> Debian system.
Strange that now being POSIX-compliant is important but it isn't when we talk
about bindv6only...

> And handling bindv6only is absolutely trivial.
Right, but there are many others sysctl options, why should the apps deal with
this particular one and not with the others?
If you start thinking about _all_ the combinations of kernel settings, maybe
the task of dealing with them all will not look trivial anymore to you?

Bye

--
Salvo Tomaselli