Re: bindv6only again

On Thursday 13 May 2010 17:54:04 Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> Because it does not handle non-default values.  This is just like an
> application that didn't handle IFS or PATH being different from its
> default value would be buggy.
Do you know what happens if you move /bin/mkdir to /usr/bin/mkdir?
SSH login will not work, because /dev/pts won't be created because initially
/usr/bin is not in PATH, yet an admin can move mkdir.

Should i fill a bug because of that?

My point is that not all the things that the admins can do make sense and
expecting the software to deal with all the possible actions that an admin can
do is pure fantasy.

Bye
--
Salvo Tomaselli