Re: Parallellizing the boot in Debian Squeeze - ready for wider testing

On Sat, May 08 2010, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> On May 07, Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> >  - a decision to drop kfreebsd as a release architecture
>> Since 1 and 2 aren't happening, I think we should consider going with
>> the third option.
> Me too, I believe that the people interested in kfreebsd-* have had more
> than enough time to provide the compatibility framework and we cannot
> hold back Debian forever for the benefit of a toy port.

        One of my concerns about upstart is that systems that want to
 use SELinux and upstart _have_ to also use an initramfs, which is yet
 another component of the system that has to be audited.  There have
 been patches proposed, and semi-rejected b the upstart folks, who are
 of the opinions that only systems using initramfs need apply.

        The bug report in question is #543420, please read it for the
 details (I am arguably biased). I am also willing to re-work the patch
 to not link with libsepol, so minimizing the dependencies to
 libselinux.

        manoj
--
There is always something new out of Africa. Gaius Plinius Secundus
4096R/C5779A1C E37E 5EC5 2A01 DA25 AD20  05B6 CF48 9438 C577 9A1C