Re: /usr/bin/mail policy

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Bernd Eckenfels <bernd-10@eckenfels.net> wrote:
> In article <[🔎] o2r14ccba101005070944n110cd9a2w4c5ee6a1c6cd6879@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>> Since heirloom-mailx (and any mailx following the POSIX spec) doesn't
>> have a way to specify extra headers
>
> What about using /usr/sbin/sendmail?

Currently, our mail sending mechanisms fall into two categories:
either $DEBEMAIL or $EMAIL is set or they aren't.  For the former, one
of mutt, sendmail, or a direct smtp connection is used to send the
email.  For the latter, we use mail to generate a From address for us
and send the email.

If people consider it acceptable to require $DEBEMAIL or $EMAIL to be
set, then I have no problem removing our use of the mail command.

--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jamessan@debian.org>