Re: using perl in preinst script

The package depends on python anyways. My only query is as I am using python in postinst script, is it sufficient to mention it as part of Depends or should it still be mentioned in Pre-Depends?

Apart from that, as per the response given by Neil and also my sponsorer, I think the below logic should do fine for the upgrade script.

Thanks,
Rahul.