Re: using perl in preinst script

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the prompt responses. I am a new maintainer (sponsored)
and so not aware of some issues. I really appreciate all the help given in
the list.

Continuing with my previous mail, this is what the preinst script does:

- Read the current caldavd.plist configuration file if it exists
- If NSS directory service is configured in caldavd.plist, perform some
action on caldavd data directories for those NSS users and groups

And this has to be done before the upgraded calendarserver runs for the
first time. Hence running it in postinst is not an option.

As I can see, my only option seems to be using perl-base. But that still
leaves me with a difficulty because to use the Plist parser module I will
have to include many other modules. Not sure how to handle this. This is
something I'll have to figure out.

Anyway, keeping that apart, is there any chance that the upgraded
calendarserver could be pushed into squeeze if I make those changes now?
The reason being I am extremely occupied with other tasks and if this
package cannot be pushed into squeeze I'd rather work on it after a while.

Thanks,
Rahul.