Re: Introducing the "Debian's Automated Code Analysis" (DACA) project

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 12:00:21PM -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>> It's been a while since I started working on this project and even
>> longer since I had the idea. It's therefore a pleasure to finally
>> announce the DACA project.
>
> Very cool achievement, thanks for it!
>
>> Current tools: cppcheck, and checkbashisms (at the source package
>> level.)
>
> Have you already thought about Coccinelle? [1,2] In the context of IRILL
> I'm working with some of the authors and we have already anticipated
> with them the idea of having Coccinelle runs on the Debian code base. It
> was just at a brainstorming level up to now, but now that I know about
> DACA it clearly makes sense to integrate with your effort.

I knew about Coccinelle, but hadn't thought about running it. Are there pre-
made patches that could be used?

>> * First of all you can go and squash bugs!
>> * Second, report false positives, fix bugs, improve the tools
>
> To both ends, it would be very useful to have some way of following,
> incrementally, the availability of new runs and/or package
> information. For instance, having RSS/Atom feeds of new entries in the
> DACA log would be very nice.

Yes, the web reports were just the results of some hours hacking here and
there to get something out of the xml files. All of the web frontend should
be redone.

>> * Third, join the DACA project
>> More hands are needed to evaluate other tools, setup an infrastructure
>> for running them, and finally generating the web reports.
>> Discussing tools already available at DACA is also welcome.
>>
>> There's a project request at Alioth pending its approval, but once
>> accepted access to the repository and mailing lists will be found at:
>>
>> http://alioth.debian.org/projects/daca
>
> It is now approved, but apparently no VCS is associated to it.

GForge bug, worked around by the admins now.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net