Re: Introducing the "Debian's Automated Code Analysis" (DACA) project

Jakub Wilk wrote:

> * Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org>, 2010-12-20, 13:56:
>>> = How can you help? =
>>>
>>> * First of all you can go and squash bugs!
>>
>>This would be greatly simplified if there was a way for a random
>>packager to easily figure out if the DACA tools has found something in
>>their packages. Most other tools that do per-package statistics (such
>>as, say, lintian.d.o) provide such a page.
>
> Also, it would be nice if we could avoid showing links to pages that
> only say "Failed to parse xml" (whatever that means...) or "No issues
> found!".

Only sid-old should be displaying empty reports by default since some hours
after the announcement. I should probably add some notes about sid-old,
since it is rather old, the version of cppcheck varied a bit between package
checks and some reports are incomplete.

For sid, squeeze, and lenny wherever there was a "failed to parse xml" error
it should now display a better message. If you encounter any of those there,
then please report it (as instructed on the page.)
The reports in those directories that used to display that error message but
that it is somehow possible for the generator to recover from the error
should now display as much of the report as it can. E.g.
http://qa.debian.org/daca/cppcheck/sid/google-mock_1.4.0-3.html
http://qa.debian.org/daca/cppcheck/sid/scheme2c_1993.3.15.2-10.html

Those error occur whenever cppcheck is killed (usually because of a memory
limit.)

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer