Re: source package format 3.0 with multiple tar balls

Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> writes:

> Hi Paul,
>
> thanks for the answer.
>
> On So, 14 Nov 2010, Paul Wise wrote:
>> $ tar tf luatex-beta-0.64.0-doc.tar.bz2 | head -n2
>> luatex-beta-0.64.0/manual/
>> luatex-beta-0.64.0/manual/graphics/
>>
>> So the manual/manual thing comes from the orig.tar suffix plus the
>> subdir inside the upstream tarball.
>
> yup, so it is.
>
>> Adapt your packaging to use the additional level of subdirectory. This
>> would be the simpler option, unless I am missing something.
>
> I choose option 3: repackage the two tar balls into one ;-) As I did
> it the last releases.
>
>> BTW, upstream uses a -doc tarball suffix, why not use that?
>
> You mean keep the -doc, that unpacks into
> 	luatex-0.64.0/doc/manual/...
> and adapt the packaging.
>
> Yeah, that could be a good option with less work.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Norbert

If having the extra dir is a problem then a simple solution would be to
use the doc suffic for the tarball and add a link (in build, remove in clean)

  manual -> doc/manual

That way you won't have to change the build system to cope with the
extra directory.

MfG
        Goswin