Re: Misc Developer News (#24)

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 06:42:49PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> Some libraries warrant screenshots (GTK+, Qt for example).
>
> The problem is that there is no reliable way to differentiate between
> packages that it is appropriate to have a screenshot for and those
> that should never have a screenshot. If you can think of one, that
> would be really useful (for lintian or the PTS for eg).

How about a simple blacklist?

Just add a new link to screenshots.d.o/package/<package>, with the
text “This package needs no screenshot”.

If I understand correctly, submissions are moderated anyway; when a
no–screenshot–needed request is received, the moderator just needs to
check the request looks valid (ie. the package is a library) and add
the package to the blacklist.

--
Andrea Bolognani <eof@kiyuko.org>