Re: Misc Developer News (#24)

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Toni Mueller <toni@debian.org> wrote:

> I guess the majority of packages don't lend themselves to have a
> screenshot. All libraries, and many daemons, come to mind. Would it be
> possible to exclude the screenshot feature for such packages? It always
> takes some time to find the "no screenshot available" image, which
> makes the p.d.o site even slower than it already is.

Some libraries warrant screenshots (GTK+, Qt for example).

The problem is that there is no reliable way to differentiate between
packages that it is appropriate to have a screenshot for and those
that should never have a screenshot. If you can think of one, that
would be really useful (for lintian or the PTS for eg).

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise