Re: bits from the DPL: sprints, events, delegations, assets

On 13/11/10 at 14:26 -0600, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 04:49:04AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>
> > Squeeze Release
> > ===============
> >
> > The monthly RFH section is once more for the Squeeze Release. Trying to
> > read Release Team minds, I get something like: ? the RC bug count [1] is
> > proceedings in the right direction, but it is still not (fast) enough to
> > release ?. At the time of writing, the most recent stats [2] speak of
> > 126 bugs that need to be fixed ... and we are about 1'000 developers!
> > Please consider devoting some of your Debian time to fix RC bugs, no
> > matter if you are the maintainer of the affected packages or not.
> > Release is inherently a collaborative activity and not something up to
> > the Release Team only; collaboration is also the only way to keep up
> > with the high quality standards Debian has delivered in the past.
> >
> > [1] http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/
> > [2] http://blog.schmehl.info/Debian/rc-stats/2010-45
>
> So I looked at [2], clicked through to the Universal Debian Database
> [3], selected Sort By "last modified", and clicked Search.  The very
> first bug on the result [4] is #545911, which is already fixed.
>
> This surprised me greatly, since I thought I was searching for bugs
> "affecting" squeeze.
>
> I later noticed that among the list of filters is "marked as done"
> which was not considered.  So the default search appears to be "bugs
> that affected squeeze at some point in time"

Wrong

> , which is slightly
> different from what I had first imagined ("bugs affecting squeeze
> NOW").
>
> So, a tip for others: be sure to "ignore" bugs marked as done.

Please don't. There are many cases where a bug can be marked as done,
while still affecting squeeze.

Usually, a good way to understand why the bug still affects squeeze is
to look at the BTS found/fixed graph, and at rmadison.

- Lucas