Re: bits from the DPL: sprints, events, delegations, assets

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 04:49:04AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> Squeeze Release
> ===============
>
> The monthly RFH section is once more for the Squeeze Release. Trying to
> read Release Team minds, I get something like: ? the RC bug count [1] is
> proceedings in the right direction, but it is still not (fast) enough to
> release ?. At the time of writing, the most recent stats [2] speak of
> 126 bugs that need to be fixed ... and we are about 1'000 developers!
> Please consider devoting some of your Debian time to fix RC bugs, no
> matter if you are the maintainer of the affected packages or not.
> Release is inherently a collaborative activity and not something up to
> the Release Team only; collaboration is also the only way to keep up
> with the high quality standards Debian has delivered in the past.
>
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/
> [2] http://blog.schmehl.info/Debian/rc-stats/2010-45

So I looked at [2], clicked through to the Universal Debian Database
[3], selected Sort By "last modified", and clicked Search.  The very
first bug on the result [4] is #545911, which is already fixed.

This surprised me greatly, since I thought I was searching for bugs
"affecting" squeeze.

I later noticed that among the list of filters is "marked as done"
which was not considered.  So the default search appears to be "bugs
that affected squeeze at some point in time", which is slightly
different from what I had first imagined ("bugs affecting squeeze
NOW").

So, a tip for others: be sure to "ignore" bugs marked as done.

Cheers,
-Steve

[3] http://udd.debian.org/bugs.cgi
[4] http://udd.debian.org/bugs.cgi?release=squeeze&patch=&pending=&security=&wontfix=&upstream=&forwarded=&claimed=&deferred=&notmain=&notsqueeze=&base=&standard=&merged=ign&done=&outdatedsqueeze=&outdatedsid=&needmig=&newerubuntu=&fnewer=&fnewerval=7&rc=1&sortby=last_modified&sorto=asc