Re: up-to-date dump of packages metadata.

On 11/11/10 at 09:09 -0800, Gustavo Franco wrote:
>  Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 06:39:31PM -0800, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> >> Would it
> >> be possible to add more fields if passing more flags
> >> ?format=txt.gz&extra_fields=maintainer ... ?
> >
> > IMHO a quite flexible way to get the information you are looking for is
> > querying Ultimate Debian Database.
>
> Thanks much! I didn't know about UDD.
>
> It seems there's a huge database dump being generated, but the service
> itself - a pgsql server - isn't externally accessible. Is my
> assumption correct? If yes, are there any plans to wrap it using some
> sort of API for external consumption?

Hi,

It depends on your definition of "externally". The pgsql DB is
accessible from master, merkel, and locally on udd.debian.org.

Also, there's a set of CGIs that export specific data on
http://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/

I also would like to work on a CGI that would make it easier to retrieve
data that is often useful, in a wide range of formats (CSV, YAML, JSON,
etc...). But I haven't had time to work on that yet.

- Lucas