Re: up-to-date dump of packages metadata.

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 04:36:23PM -0800, Gustavo Franco wrote:
>> Do we have an up-to-date dump of packages metadata (name, version,
>> short and long description) somewhere in a similar form popcon is
>> generating and keeping its information available at popcon.debian.org
>> for download?
>
> Do you mean /var/lib/apt/lists/*.{Sources,Packages} and the place on all
> mirrors you can download these from?

No.

Someone else pointed me at
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/allpackages?format=txt.gz which is
almost what I need. It's just missing maintainer and full description.

Who's responsible for the URL above? What's the update rate? Would it
be possible to add more fields if passing more flags
?format=txt.gz&extra_fields=maintainer ... ?

regards,
-- Gustavo "stratus" Franco