Re: How to add dependencies that exist in another repository

Hi,

to answer the previous question: Yes, I'm using Squeeze.

> >From man apt_preferences:
>   Note that the files in the /etc/apt/preferences.d directory are parsed
>   in alphanumeric ascending order and need to obey the following naming
>   convention: The files have no or "pref" as filename extension and which
>   only contain alphanumeric, hyphen (-), underscore (_) and period (.)
>   characters - otherwise they will be silently ignored.

Well, this defines a *sequence* of these files but what about the
*content*.  In /etc/apt/preferences the sequence of paragraphs
does not matter.  Just the Pin-Priority value has relevance.  So
again, some working example would help understanding things.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de