Re: Debian Installer 6.0 Beta1 release (WPA support)

On 11/03/2010 01:57 PM, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> then, a few
> months before the release, we start getting suggestions to add this or
> that fancy new thingy....

Do you consider that WPA support is a "fancy new thing" ???

With all due respect, I believe that my favorite distribution not having
support for such an old technology would be quite lame. That's the kind
of things that makes people go the Ubuntu way or more generally think
that Debian is not adapted for their desktop use (and in that case, I
would agree...).

That being said, I do understand the need for testing, the fact that it
should have been tested a long ago, etc. We're all at fault here. It's
been a long time that I want to participate to the devel of D-I, I hope
I will be able for Wheezy.

Whatever path will be taken (hide the functionality in the expert mode,
or have an unofficial ISO), as long as it's there, I think it's fine. I
sincerely hope a solution will be found,

Thomas