Re: [RFC] disabled root account / distinct group for users with administrative privileges

Guido Günther writes ("Re: [RFC] disabled root account / distinct group for users with administrative privileges"):
> Imho we should use diffrent groups for PolicyKit and sudo. d-i would
> need to add the user to two groups then but it would allow for polkit
> and sudo only configurations:

Why should we use different groups ?  I'm not familiar with PolicyKit,
but does it provide equivalent access to sudo ?  If it does, why would
admins often want to provide one path but not the other ?

(Of course if they don't want to do it often then it's OK to have just
one group, because the admin can set up their own group with their own
config in just sudo, say, if they want.)

Ian.