Re: Processed (with 66 errors): Please change me email address

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Peter Palfrader <weasel@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Oct 2010, Debian Bug Tracking System wrote:
>
>> Processing commands for control@bugs.debian.org:
>>
>> > submitter 341249 javibarroso@gmail.com
>> Failed to set submitter on 341249: Not altering archived bugs; see unarchive.
> [..]
>
> And another hundred more such requests.
>
>> > submitter 585770 javibarroso@gmail.com
>> Bug #585770 {Done: Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>} [linux-2.6] a collection of NULL pointer dereference  [ipv6 and vlans?]
>> Bug #584221 {Done: Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>} [linux-2.6] linux-image-2.6.32-5-686: Kernel panic in 2.6.32-5 when bridge config is present in /etc/network/interfaces
>> Bug #591186 {Done: Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>} [linux-2.6] linux-image-2.6.32-5-686: Kernel panic with 2.6.32-5 and e1000 and vlan interface enabled
>> Bug #591473 {Done: Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>} [linux-2.6] linux-image-2.6.32-5-amd64: kernel panics on reboot or when nic has no link
>> Changed Bug submitter to 'javibarroso@gmail.com' from 'Peter Palfrader <weasel@debian.org>'
>
> Maybe you could think for a second next time you do something broken
> like this.
>
> Not appreciated at all.
I'm really sorry for that. This is my second mail to debian-devel, and
seems like both were failed :(

I failed to understand bugs.debian.org site.

My process was:

1. Search my bugs in b.d.o though
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?archive=both&submitter=myoldaddress
2. Send email with submitter instruction to control@b.d.o
3. Check my 66 errors, I should unarchive first, then change
submitter, and then archive
4. Send email with unarchive / submitter / archive instructions (same
search but with archive=archived) (checking the number of bugs to
change)

Then I read this message, and I can see I changed many bug submitter
from other bugs that were merged with my bugs reports.

I don't know where I failed, I read in bugs.debian.org about submitted
won't changed merged bugs:
submitter bugnumber  originator-address | !

    Changes the originator of #bugnumber to originator-address.

    If you wish to become the new originator of the report you can use
the ! shorthand or specify your own email address.

    While the reopen command changes the originator of other bugs
merged with the one being reopened, submitter does not affect merged
bugs.

And archive and unarchive commands reference does not talk about merged bugs

I think is a good idea to change your mail submitter from all bugs
(archived and unarchived), because people could find these bugs and
then contact with submitter.

So, why are these bugs changing their submitters ?

Where I failed ?

Thanks and sorry again if I did any wrong thing

Debian Rocks!