Bug#598660: ITP: feed2omb -- Announces new articles in a feed to an open microblogging service
Owner: "Raphaël Hertzog" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : feed2omb
Version : 0.9
Upstream Author : Ciaran Gultnieks
* URL : http://projects.ciarang.com/p/feed2omb/
* License : GNU Affero General Public License 3
Programming Lang: Python
Description : Announces new articles in a feed to an open microblogging service
feed2omb is a simple tool that takes input from Atom or RSS feeds and posts
updates to the open microblogging service of your choice.
* Flexible processing of multiple feeds
* Various ways of forming the message from the feed content
* Ability to apply regular expressions to the message - RegEx
* Include links or not
* Support for various URL-shortening services - UrlShortening
* Auto-generation of hashtags from feed categories - HashTags
* Configurable rate limiting - FloodControl
* Support for sending to XMPP as well/instead - XMPP
I'm packaging this because I want to use something like this for
the debian account on identi.ca and I havent't found any better
tool available. It's only a Python script of 375 lines.
If you know of better alternatives, please tell me.