Re: A new Priority level, ‘backports’ ? (Re: unstable/testing/[pending/frozen/]stable)

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:23:55 +0200, Julien Cristau
<jcristau@debian.org> wrote:
>As far as I can tell the FTP team bases its accept/reject decisions on
>whether it's legal for us to distribute a package (and whether it's
>suitable for the component it was uploaded to in terms of the dfsg), not
>whether it's a good idea to put that package in the distribution.

The ftp team has a history of strongly discouraging uploads that they
don't feel like accepting (such as a package that would download
eicar.com from the internet and place it in a defined place where
other packages might find and use it) and of killing of packages on
grounds that "nobody sane would use them", such as clamav-data, which
force-died in the course of volatile moving under the ftp team's
reign.

Greetings
Marc