Re: unstable/testing/[pending/frozen/]stable

On 09/22/2010 02:52 AM, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
[...]
> [experimental/]unstable(sid)/testing(e.g squeeze)/stable
>
> *constantly* present and functioning all the time the same way.
>
> Then upon freeze we just copy the state of
>   unstable -> pending
>   testing(squeeze) -> frozen(squeeze, e.g together with a codename)
> and link new codename (e.g. wheezy) against testing.

while I like the idea to support distributions like MINT which pull from
testing, I doubt it would be useful for Dbeian. Even if we would have the
manpower in the release team to handle it, I'd expect that a lot of developers
would concentrate on throwing new stuff into unstable instead of fixing bugs to
be able to release soon. The proper way to fix the issue is to release faster by
fixing all remaining issues faster :)