Re: Thinking about bundles

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010, David Bremner wrote:
> Well, OK, I see your point. But what should we do about e.g. tiny perl
> modules. My/our impression was that ftp-master was not keen on having
> many small packages. For example, libcatalyst-modules-perl has installed
> size of 1468k, but bundles 81 modules. On average then, these would have
> installed size less than 20k if unbundled.

Do what you think is best... but if you plan to spend time because the
current situation is not satisfactory, I'd like to suggest to contact all
those authors and ask them to join efforts in a single upstream project.
That project could have a monthly release and use a date-based version
numbering.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)