Re: 38

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 11:08:11AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Could you please either start reporting (wishlist) bugs asking to make
> these scripts more robust against strange administrative practices or get
> tired of all this a little bit faster?

While being robust against "/etc/rcS.d/S50foo bar" is indeed wishlist, most
of the errors posion found are not.  They are typically normal (like failing
to operate on a tarball with space in the name), and I bet that you may find
security ones as well.

If you want to find such one, /etc/mc/mc.menu looks pretty promising, as it
contains quite a bunch.  MC hides anything but the beginning and end of a
long name, making it easy to give someone such a file.  It appears you can
delete an arbitrary file using the rare "convert .bz2 -> .gz" command, but
there might be better gems.

--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be