Bug#594099: ITP: pm-utils-light -- pm-utils replacement for embedded hardware
Owner: Enrico Zini <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : pm-utils-light
Version : 0.6
Upstream Author : Enrico Zini <email@example.com>
* URL : http://pkg-fso.nomeata.de/sid/pm-utils-light
* License : GPL
Programming Lang: C
Description : pm-utils replacement for embedded hardware
* It tries its best to run hooks in exactly the same way as pm-utils.
* It's faster
* It can load hooks from a .so file, which is much faster, avoids
context switches and allows to keep state conveniently in memory.
* .so files will be loaded also if they are not executable. Install a
non-executable .so file to have it loaded by pm-utils light but ignored by
* It allows to cancel a resume, for example in order to go back to sleep in
case of a resume for usb disconnect.
* No support for quirks
* It does not ship the functions and pm-functions shell libraries, so plugins
cannot make use of them
This is currently available in the pkg-fso repository. It gained a few
users, and I've been asked to upload it to sid.
Some more details in this announcement: