Re: Atlas proposal

Just ship two packages: libatlas3gf-base and libatlas3gf-auto, with
appropriate Conflicts/Provides just as we have now. And have
libatlas3gf-auto depend on all build-dependencies, ship the source, and
build itself in its postinst. Gentoo-style.
was about to suggest this, this is the only feasible way.

changing atlas to be dynamic (with maximum performance kept) might not require anything less than a rewrite, fftw-style. that in turn might require changes to all code invoking the library. while I don't mind having it done, this is not for debian developers.

/Johan