Re: Closing non-bugs (a.k.a. fixed version is same as found version)

On 08/15/2010 04:41 PM, Guus Sliepen wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 04:25:19PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
>
>> When I go through RC bugs I see more and more bugs which are both found
>> and fixed with the same version.
>>
>> This does NOT work: these bugs are treated as if they are not fixed at all.
>
> Why not change the way they are treated? You can easily use the date a message
> is sent to bugs.debian.org to see if it comes before or after other messages
> closing/opening the bug tagged with the same version.

Because it is sane to assume that when a bug is found and fixed in the
same version that it's better to play on the safe side and treat it as
found in that version.

Though one should contact debbugs maintainers if you think this should
be changed.

It's very strange that you think it's ok to mark a bug as fixed in a
specific version even if there was nothing changed in the package to get
the bug fixed IMHO.

Cheers

Luk