Re: doc-base is hugely unloved; bug mass-filing needed?

Stephen Gran:

Stephen> adduser

Stephen> False positive.

Stephen> steve@varinia:~$ dpkg -L adduser | grep -i htm
Stephen> /usr/share/doc/adduser/examples/adduser.local.conf.examples/skel.other/index.html

Stephen> I'd suggest getting rid of things under examples/

Ok,

have_doc()
{
    local pkglist=$1
    while read d ; do
        # drop things under */examples; thanks to Stephen Gran
        case "$d" in
            */examples/*)
                continue
                ;;
            *)
                ;;
        esac
        case "$d" in
            *.html)
                echo 1
                return
                ;;
            *.xhtml)
                echo 1
                return
                ;;
            *.xhtml.gz)
                echo 1
                return
                ;;
            *.pdf)
                echo 1
                return
                ;;
            *.pdf.gz)
                echo 1
                return
                ;;
            *)
                ;;
        esac
    done < $pkglist
    echo 0
}

This reduces the list by 10, to 126.  (There are more false positives as
noted in the sibling subthread, but currently I don't know what to do
about those).

To reduce the spamminess, the latest output is here:

http://primate.net/~itz/docpkg.txt

--
Ian Zimmerman <itz@buug.org>
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD