Re: Re: Re: segmentation fault (a.o. in /u/s/debconf/frontend)

More information on this issue:

The segfault in /u/s/debconf/frontend occurs as soon as the command

mx $frontend=make_frontend();

in line 14 is executed. I found this out by cutting off the tail of this file from line 15 on and running it via 'perl -w'. If I cut off from line 13 on the scripts exits without the segfault.

The make_frontend() function is from the /u/s/perl5/Debconf/AutoSelect.pm file, which in turn runs fine if called via 'perl -w'.

 - Fabian