Re: Would appreciate advice on Debian Policy and draft webapp sub policy

OoO En  cette fin  de matinée  radieuse du mardi  27 juillet  2010, vers
11:39, Nicholas Bamber <nicholas@periapt.co.uk> disait :

> Now we come to the nub of the problem. The bug report suggests that
> the post install script should run "a2enmod include" (and then bounce
> the webserver). I looked for guidence in the policy manuals but could
> not find any indication of how to handle dependencies of this
> sort. Bouncing the webserver seems a bit drastic in some ways. Maybe
> the person in charge might want to install the modules during the day
> but bounce the web server late at night. It seems a big step to me for
> a package to take this choice away from  a the person in
> charge. Assuming one does make the post install script work that way,
> what would the post remove script do? It cannot blindly run "a2dismod
> include". The more I think about this the worse it gets.

Look at  other web apps.  They usually have  a question to let  the user
choose  to restart or  not the  web server.  For example,  mediawiki and
roundcube have such  questions. Keep the wording to  ease the l10n teams
work.

Please note that I did not look at the webapp policy recently.
--
SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS ARE NOT SCABS
SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS ARE NOT SCABS
SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS ARE NOT SCABS
-+- Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode BABF09