Re: Moving ACL utilities to /bin?

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 06:54:45PM -0300, Maximiliano Curia wrote:
> Hola Christoph Anton Mitterer!
>
> El 22/07/2010 a las 23:13 escribiste:
> > Should we then perhaps do the same with nfs4-acl-tools?
>
> Isn't nfs4-acl-tools a set of transition tools to deal with nfsacl until the
> linux nfs client implements a posix acl translation?

Given that NFS4 ACLs are a strict superset of POSIX ACLs, and
that POSIX.1e ACLs aren't actually standardised (they are an
abandoned incomplete draft with some major omissions), what would
be a really good solution is full kernel support for NFS4 ACLs
with the current libacl/acl tools providing a POSIX ACL compatibility
interface wrapping the NFS4 ACL interface.

http://wiki.linux-nfs.org/wiki/index.php/ACLs

Ideally POSIX ACLs should be binned and replaced wholesale with
NFS4 ACLs.

Regards,
Roger

--