Re: How to make Debian more attractive for users, was: Re: The number of popcon.debian.org-submissions is falling

On Thu July 22 2010 05:21:09 Russ Allbery wrote:
> But on testing, it's been rock-solid for me for years.  It's not just
> somewhat less breakage.  I think it's almost no breakage.  Occasionally
> packages get stranded for a long time at back revs because of various
> migration problems, and once or twice I've had to pin something (usually
> because of non-free drivers like fglrx or nvidia that aren't really part
> of Debian), but it's an experience that I can comfortably recommend.

I've been bitten too many times by the "We removed X from Testing for
internal release master reasons - please don't imagine Testing is intended
for real users" syndrome.

I would certainly like to see the kind of Testing you describe.

--Mike Bird