Re: Better GoPlay [Was: How to make Debian more attractive for users]

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org> wrote:
> Q: How do I submit a screenshot?
> A: Send Miriam a 320x240 thumbnail picture in png format.
>
> Since more than one year we have screenshots.debian.net and GoPlay just
> sticks to a non-maintainable competition to this great service.  Is
> there any sense to stick to this instead of simply using
> screenshots.debian.net (and advertise this great service in the FAQ to
> motivate gamers providing screenshots which can be used in all
> applications for instance synaptics (and other apt frontends in case
> they might support screenshots) as well as the Blends web sentinel?

It would probably be best to have both options available.

I've exceeded my quota for the month and web browsing is a little slow, so I
don't want to be viewing full size screen shots right now.  But goplay is
quite usable and useful.

There's no reason why the same data set couldn't be used for the goplay
package and a web site - with the web site having links to bigger and more
screen shots.

--
russell@coker.com.au
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog