KVM and 2.6.32-5-amd64

I recently tried to start a KVM image with the same script as I had used
previously.

I had just upgraded the host (which tracks unstable) from 2.6.32-4 to
2.6.32-5, the virtual machine had been running 2.6.32-5-amd64 for a while (but
maybe not the very latest version).

The result was that the kvm process went into an infinite loop and the boot
process stopped at about the stage where the initrd code was due to be run -
I'm not sure exactly what happened as there wasn't any further output.

When I ran kvm with a 2.6.32-4-amd64 kernel everything worked correctly.

I'm not sure whether this is a bug in the kernel or kvm - maybe bugs in both.
Any suggestions for what I should do to debug this?

--
russell@coker.com.au
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog