Re: udev: chown of /dev/ppp

Am Sonntag, 18. Juli 2010 schrieben Sie:
> On Sun, 18 Jul 2010, "Hans-J. Ullrich" <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:
> > Is it corrrect, what russel told, that /usr/sbin/pppd should be set to
> > rwxsrxr-x root:dip ?
>
> It should not be set to 04755 unless you want everyone on the system to be
> able to run it - which probably isn't what you desire.
>
> On my system it is 04754, I don't recall doing that deliberately so I think
> that part of the default Squeeze install did it.

Yeah, you are right. As I am the only physical person who runs the system, it
is no good idea, to let everyone get access.

Well, when you say, the settings are correct, then I will change umtsmon to
other rights. I just thought, there might have been an error with pppd, and
/dev/ppp, so I thought it worth to mention it.

But as Marco told, everything is as wanted, I think, I will find another
solution for my special problem.

Thank you all very much for your help indeed!!!

Best regards

Hans-J. Ullrich