Re: udev: chown of /dev/ppp

Am Sonntag, 18. Juli 2010 schrieb Marco d'Itri:
> Maybe this program needs to be modified to use a suid helper or a
> daemon which interacts with the hardware.
> But I can't see why it would need access to /dev/ppp.

Marco,

this problem is tellling: cant get  access to /dev/ppp when it is started as a
normal user (even, when started with kdesu). Starting as root it is working.
So I guessed, that it is a rights problem.

Is it corrrect, what russel told, that /usr/sbin/pppd should be set to
rwxsrxr-x root:dip ?

Mine is set to rwxr-xr-x root:root, although it is installed by  default (I
didn't change anything).

By the way, there is somewhere a bugreport related to this problem of umtsmon
somewhere in the mailinglist.

Best regards

Hans