Re: [RFC] removing xserver-xorg-video-nv from squeeze

Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@wowway.com> (12/07/2010):
> But I can't get the nouveau driver to use my custom 100 Hz
> Interlaced mode, or even the VESA standard 87 Hz Interlaced mode.
> It insists on running the monitor at 60 Hz non-interlaced.  And my
> eyes just won't take that for very long.  At 100 Hz interlaced, I
> can look at the screen all day long with no eye strain.  But at 60
> Hz non-interlaced, my eyes are tired after 30 minutes or so.  I
> assume that that is due to no support for UMS.

Care to share a reference to the bug you reported?

That's no longer correct. http://ikibiki.org/blog/2010/07/04/We_need_you_redux/

> I see no reason why the nouveau people should decide to RAM KMS down
> our throats, whether we want it or not.  And with my present
> hardware, nv appears to be my only viable solution.

What about “less code, less maintenance” for a start?

Mraw,
KiBi.