Re: architecture limitation question

Hello,

Harald Jenny, le Fri 09 Jul 2010 23:41:45 +0200, a écrit :
> I'm maintaining the amavisd-milter package and have a question: Due to the
> unavailability of libmilter-dev on HURD (it uses PATH_MAX which is not defined
> there) my package can't be built for this OS.

Then it's fine: amavisd-milter is in the BD-Uninstallable state, i.e.
doesn't consume any buildd cpu.

> I thought about limiting the Architectures in debian/control on which
> amavisd-milter would run for now to linux-any, kfreebsd-any to work
> around the failure.

It is useless and would just make people have to request for the
converse when libmilter-dev becomes available, while BD-Uninstallable
already tracks that appropriately.

> Are there any other options for temporary limiting the architectures
> so that the build system needs not to use it's precious ressources for
> unsuccessful build attempts?

The buildds are keeping up quite nice nowadays so unsuccessful build
attempts are fine.

Samuel