Re: How to warn about need to port changes to new configuration file?

[Thomas Hood]
> It is planned that an upcoming version of resolvconf will add a new
> hook script for isc-dhcp-client which is identical to the existing one
> for dhcp3-client.  An administrator who has made local changes to the
> latter hook script should probably make the same changes to the
> former.
>
> Is there a need to warn the administrator that he should (presumably)
> re-implement his changes in the new file?  If so, what is the best way
> to warn him?  Should debconf notes be used?

What about moving the file in the preinst, and/or create a symlink
to/from the new location instead?  I mean like renaming conffiles is
normally handled.  This way any local changes are kept, and the new
location work without any manual intervention.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen