Re: Indicator applets and related packages

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 12:54:30PM +0200, Evgeni Golov wrote:
> > > libindicator is currently collab-maint with kartik@d.o (CCed) and me, if
> > > others want to join, we could start a "pkg-indicators" or something :)
> >
> > Or it could be "pkg-ayatana" that takes care of packaging the software
> > that Ubuntu's Ayatana team releases:
> > https://launchpad.net/ayatana
>
> *nod*
>
> I don't care for a name or being a part of another team instead of
> creating a new one, just having helpers is great :)

I've just created https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-ayatana/
Everyone interested, please join :)

> > I saw that you used Git for the packaging, while I also use git for all
> > my own projects, I wonder if it would not make sense to use bzr for those
> > Canonical projects since they are all maintained in bzr, and it would make
> > it more likely to have upstream directly involved in the team.
> >
> > What do you think?
> >
> > Maybe James Westby could write an HOWTO for DD that are used to git on how
> > to best maintain Ubuntu's software within Debian with bzr-builddeb.
>
> Never tried bzr, so no idea how complicated it is (I guess not too
> different to git anyways). If there is a simple howto, I'll happily move
> :)

bzr seems a bit strange, but lets go for it for the sake of
easier collaboration with Ubuntu :)

--
Bruce Schneier can read and understand Perl programs.