Re: IPv4-capable XDMCP server in Debian squeeze?

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 10:54 PM, Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> wrote:

Hi Julien,

> I'm fairly sure xdmcp over ipv4 works just fine with both xdm and gdm in
> squeeze, because I tested them (and made them work with the bindv6only=1
> setting) a month or two ago.

OK, that's interesting... Just for the sake of it, I even tried
enabling the bindv6only (net.ipv6.bindv6only=1) setting, to see if it
would make any difference. Negative; it still only binds to the udp6
socket.

per@terah:/etc/sysctl.d$ sudo netstat -l -n -p | grep 177
udp6       0      0 :::177                  :::*
         1632/xdm

Do you have any active XDM setup where you could try this yourself? As
I hinted in my previous email, I'm not 100% sure of this, but doesn't
the above udp6 line mean that it will *only* work from an ipv6-capable
client...?
--
Best regards,
Per Lundberg