Re: RFH: bashisms in configure script

Darren Salt wrote:

> I demand that Kurt Roeckx may or may not have written...
>
>> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 04:13:36PM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>>> 1. If your name is on the list at [2] please check at [3] the .dsc file
>>> that corresponds to the source packages you co-/maintain, review and
>>> fix. The .dsc files contain checkbashisms' output.
>
>> I get alot of them that have:
>> possible bashism in ./configure line 22 ($BASH_SOMETHING):
>> elif test -n "${BASH_VERSION+set}" && (set -o posix) >/dev/null 2>&1;
>> then possible bashism in ./configure line 147 ($BASH_SOMETHING):
>>              $as_unset BASH_ENV || test "${BASH_ENV+set}" != set || {
> BASH_ENV=; export BASH_ENV; }

Yes, $BASH_SOMETHING is just used to make it easier to see that the
following code (probably a bashism) is only executed after checking the
shell is actually bash. That and the other FP are the most common ones, yet
not that easy to fix (the latter, of course, the former is not a FP.)

> I'm seeing only these for gxine, xine-lib and xine-ui, which is slightly
> odd because testing with dash has shown up an actual bashism in xine-lib's
> configure.ac (which I've just fixed upstream): use of "test x == y".

Could you please send me by email the files with false negatives? those are
very likely bugs in checkbashisms' quotes handling code.

Thanks.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer