Re: APT do not work with Squid as a proxy because of pipelining default

#include <hallo.h>
* Robert Collins [Tue, May 18 2010, 02:02:59PM]:
> Given that pipelining is broken by design, that the HTTP WG has

And if not? Counter example, it seems to work just fine with my
apt-cacher-ng proxy, at least bug reports related to that have appeared
for about a year now.

> increased the number of concurrent connections that are recommended,
> and removed the upper limit - no. I don't think that disabling
> pipelining hurts anyone - just use a couple more concurrent
> connections.

And here I disagree. Dealing with a dozen connections instead of having
the requests in the pipeline can require much more resources on the
proxy side.

Regards,
Eduard.