Re: UPG and the default umask

On 2010-05-18, Harald Braumann <harry@unheit.net> wrote:
> If the umask is 022 and you create a setgid
> directory and forget to change the umask, you will quickly realise
> that things are not working as expected and fix it. If the umask is
> 002 and you add your Debian system to a non-UPG environment and forget
> to change the umask, things will still work perfectly but you put all
> your files at risk and might not even realise it until it is too
> late.

I guess we need a Debian Administration Best Practises Guide.  There are
many stupid things you can do while being root, with things still working
perfectly.

But then somebody would need to take care of the document (i.e. a
continuations of the release notes for future generations).

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern