Re: UPG and the default umask

Hi Peter.

On Tue, 18 May 2010 09:48:15 +0200, Peter Palfrader <weasel@debian.org>
wrote:
> Anyway, my point remains:  Procedures that were perfectly fine and
> secure up until now would suddenly be broken and dangerous.
I guess you're wasting your time... the many arguments which either showed
concrete technical (security) problems (e.g. your tar issue here or the
ugly need to patch stuff like ssh) as well as more general (security)
concepts which speaks against those changes (and although I'm in minority,
I was not the only one with strong concerns) are simply ignored.

Not to speak about, that UPG is anyway a questionable abuse of the
user/group concept.

Neither to speak about the fact, that in the 17 years debian exists
now,... no majority missed that "feature" (apparently).

Best wishes,
Chris.