Re: Proposed changes to the Debian Machine Usage Policy (DMUP)
i just applied the following patch from Stefano Zacchiroli.
diff --git a/DMUP b/DMUP
index 8aba26e..ced6cd0 100644
@@ -55,9 +55,9 @@ Debian Machine Usage Policies
Systems Administration and convince DSA that there will be
no further breaches of the DMUP by the offender.
3. If the offender fails to contact DSA within 14 days, DSA
- will propose this account to DAM to be terminated and the
- offender expelled from the Debian project. If the offender
- has announced they will be on vacation in this time frame
+ will suspend the corresponding account and propose to DAM the
+ expulsion of the offender from the Debian project. If the offender
+ has announced they will be on vacation in this time frame,
this period will be extended with the announced duration of
4. If the offender is expelled from the project they can
@@ -65,8 +65,8 @@ Debian Machine Usage Policies
month. The offense will remain on record.
2. Second offense
1. The offenders accounts will be suspended immediately and
- DSA will propose this account to DAM to be terminated
+ DSA will propose to DAM the expulsion of the offender from
+ the Debian project.
2. If the offender does not file for an appeal within the
designated time frame the account is terminated.
3. The offender is prohibited from registering as a Debian
Martin Zobel-Helas <email@example.com> | Debian System Administrator
Debian & GNU/Linux Developer | Debian Listmaster
Public key http://zobel.ftbfs.de/5d64f870.asc - KeyID: 5D64 F870
GPG Fingerprint: 5DB3 1301 375A A50F 07E7 302F 493E FB8E 5D64 F870