Re: dash Debian package - RC bugs

On 28 April 2010 16:08, Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 03:20:12PM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>> On 15 April 2010 12:58, Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org> wrote:
>> I tried to clone your git repository but it 404s, so I can't check
>> what other changes you've made so far and see if there's any conflict.
>> Is your repository available anywhere else?
>
> It's there, you can't access it with a web browser, but with
>  git clone http://smarden.org/git/dash.git/

I see.

> Great, thank you.  If you want, I'm available to review patches, and
> apply them or acknowledge your upload.

The first round of changes (to at least be able to upload a new
version of the package) can be found at [1]. There's still one call to
dpkg-divert that may remove local diversions, the fix will depend on
the outcome of the discussion on the bug report (will reply later
today.)
A quick workaround to bypass the check, in case you want to upload
already, would be to: ddivert=dpkg; ddivert="${ddivert}-divert";
$ddivert --remove ...

[1] http://git.debian.org/?p=users/geissert/dash.git;a=summary

Cheers,
--