Re: Libreadline6 is GPLv3: incompatible with GPLv2-only software

* Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>, 2010-04-28, 17:48:
After checking a scattering of random packages, I happened across
one example of this already in Debian testing: socat. It is
GPLv2-only, and is linked against GPLv3 libreadline6 in testing.
(filed bug 579494).

Umm:

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/s/socat/current/copyright

the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at
your option) any later version.

I would assume that's rather a mistake in debian/copyright. README is very clear:

--
Jakub Wilk