Re: Default value of net.ipv6.bindv6only should revert to 0

#include <hallo.h>
* Salvo Tomaselli [Tue, Apr 13 2010, 12:05:08PM]:
> On Tuesday 13 April 2010 11:33:15 George Danchev wrote:
> > It is legit to change a default value (regardless what standards says, if
> > you can't change a default value it it then a hard-coded one), and it is
> > pretty lame to assume a default value will never be changed. This assumption
> > also fails on systems where IPv6 sockets are always IPv6-only.
> Do you have any example of a posix system call that in a certain version had a
> different semantic than the previous posix version?

How is that question related to his statement? Even if it was, it's up
to you to show the POSIX part which makes v6/v4 mapping mandatory.

> I can hardly believe this could ever happen.

Not sure about POSIX but an example for such insanity in popular APIs
comes quickly to my mind... see strerror(3).

Regards,
Eduard.

--
* h01ger vermutet, white studiert wie er autofaehrt