Re: Default value of net.ipv6.bindv6only should revert to 0

On Tuesday 13 April 2010 07:46:10 Russ Allbery wrote:
> It's not an assumption.  It's reality that one has to write code against,
> because different platforms do different things.  Even if you could remove
> the option from the Linux kernel (retroactively, changing time to remove
> all the systems that already exist), that doesn't change the fact that
> Solaris and BSD behave differently.
Solaris is a little bit tricky, i would be very careful talking about it.
I've tried opensolaris and it is not posix by default, many calls behave in a
non-posix way because they were introduced in solaris before they were
introduced in posix, so they have different parameters or semantic.

To have posix in solaris, one must use a bunch of flags at compile-time, for
example: -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -lsocket -lnsl
After having enabled the posix compatibility, it works as expected on posix
with ipv6only=0.

The bug is bsd-only.

Bye
--